A security team from Google giant has discovered a new Android malware called Tizi. Their reports state that this malware has been used in African countries, but the rest of the world could be on risk.
But what is Tizi and what does it do? The virus has been catalogued as a spyware and from Google they assure it can do many operations centered on apps or social media activities (a.k.a the things users spend most of their time).
The Google Threat Analysis Groups and the security engineers of Google Play Protect have mentioned that Tizi can be used with bad intentions such as:
- Stealing data from popolar social media such as Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Viber, Skype, LinkedIn, and Telegram.
- Recording WhatsApp, Viber, and Skype calls.
- Recording ambiance audio through the microphone.
- Taking screenshots without telling the user.
- Sending and intercepting SMS in infected devices.
- Access contacts, calendar events, call registries, photos, ciphered Wi-Fi passwords, and a list of all the locally installed apps.
- Sending GPS coordinates from the device via SMS to a server.