Herbalife International Company is an American multinational multi-level marketing corporation that develops markets and sells nutrition supplements, offers weight management, gives sports nutrition and also provides personal-care products. The company was founded by the entrepreneur Mark Hughes in 1980, and it employs around 7,400 people worldwide.
In Herbalife International, the best way to summarize the Social Responsibility program is the value that guides the company: Herbalife does what is right, honest and ethical. These values guide the company from the way they do their business, to their commitment to their communities and how they treat their employees and Independent Associates.
Social Responsibility of Herbalife International Company in Ten Principles:
- Comply: with national and international laws and regulations.
- Propose: plans, strategies and actions to achieve business results, social and environmental sought to compromise.
- Respect: human rights, especially the rights of children, and seeking gender equality and inclusion of minority and vulnerable groups.
- Preserve: the quality of products to fulfill their vision and protecting the environment in their operations.
- Strengthen: the presence in the communities where the company operates and where its employees live and work, staying in a virtuous cycle of continuous improvement.
- Simplify: Herbalife for the family to be part of creating sustainable value in a clear, fluent and open manner.
- Communicate: its actions in the three areas of sustainability; economic, social and environmental.
- Run: concrete actions that aim the welfare of Herbalife and society.
- Live: its vision, mission and values.
- Encourage: its Associates, collaborators, suppliers, end customers, competitors and all the other stakeholders to be part of this sustainable vision.
Herbalife Family Foundation (HFF): Casa Herbalife Program
Worldwide, Herbalife has the Herbalife Family Foundation which conducts the Casa Herbalife program. It directs support to non-profit institutions such as schools and children’s homes.
The goal is for children at risk to have access to good nutrition. Under this purpose, the program extends cooperation in nutrition-related infrastructure, equipment and food in more than 50 countries, it has more than 100 houses Herbalife, providing support to more than 120,000 children. In the region of Central and South America, Foundation Herbalife has 12 houses in 9 countries and provides support to nearly 2,000 children.
- Helping Children around the World: the Herbalife Family Foundation is committed to improve the lives of children around the world by supporting charitable organizations that provide one of life’s most basic needs, good nutrition.
LiveGreen: Program 3 R’s
Through LiveGreen environmental awareness programs, with the theme of the 3 Rs – Reduce, Reuse and Recycle, Herbalife carries out recycling containers, paper, cardboard and plastic, along with Independent Associates and employees.
Herbalife promotes responsible consumption of its products and carries out actions and activities to ensure the welfare of people and the better use of their resources. All the information provided by the company to their partners and customers is accurate and clear, considering the contract, the rules of operation, price lists, catalog and labels of their products.